During this period of uncertainty with the COVID-19 Virus, Foothills Humane Society has made some changes to its normal business operations as set forth below. Foothills has many wonderful pets looking for loving homes and we ask for your support and cooperation during these difficult times. We place the utmost importance of the health and well-being of our staff, volunteers and the two-legged visitors to our facility. We are closely monitoring the situation and following protocol as laid out by animal welfare expert agencies including the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
Temporary Business Operations
Adoptions by appointment only – call (838) 863-4444, Ext 0, or email email@example.com
- Please submit application online or by phone (838) 863-4444, Ext. 1
- Please preview available animals online
- Please call to discuss which animal(s) you would like to see – (838) 863-4444, Ext 0
Owner turn-ins by appointment only. Call (838) 863-4444, Ext 0, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If other customers are in the lobby, we will ask that you wait outside or in your car until they have left.
FHS follows proper protocol at our shelter, including:
- Our facilities team uses hospital-grade disinfectant throughout the shelter, and high-touch areas are being cleaned throughout the day.
- There are places to wash your hands and hand sanitizer throughout the shelter. Any visitors to FHS are encouraged to wash their hands or sanitize between touching animals to prevent the spread of any illness.
- FHS is asking employees and volunteers who are sick to stay home.
- We have plans in place to make sure our pets are cared for in the event of an emergency.
In preparation for an increase of dogs and cats coming into FHS, coupled with facing the possibility that we may temporarily lose staff and volunteers in the near future due to exposure risk and public closures, we are asking for your support to foster as follows: We need fosters who are willing to care for dogs and cats for a minimum of 30 days. We have dogs that can go home with other dogs, cats, and children.
A Good Time to Adopt
If you are thinking about adoption, now is a great time! We will waive adoption fees on adult dogs and cats for anyone who donates the following items to our shelter: hand sanitizer, bleach, liquid laundry detergent, paper towels, or toilet paper.
We need help with funding our operations now more than ever. Please consider making a donation.
COVID-19 and Pets
We remind you that, according to the CDC:
- There is currently no known reason to believe that any animals, including pets in the United States, can contract or spread COVID-19.
- To date, the CDC has not received any reports of pets or other animals becoming sick with COVID-19.
- The CDC recommends following everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of illness, which includes washing your hands.
Planning for Your Own Pets
We recommend that you make plans that include your pet, which include:
- Making a plan with your family and network that includes contingencies to care for your pet should you be hospitalized or otherwise unable to provide care.
- Having a supply of pet food and necessities.
- Keep pet vaccinations up to date in case you must consider boarding.
Please help us share the message of preparing for your own pets and that there is no connection between pets and the spread of COVID-19.
Let’s stay calm, wash our hands, and foster a dog or cat.
We appreciate your support for FHS in times of need.