During this period of uncertainty with the COVID-19 Virus, Foothills Humane Society has made some changes to its normal business operations as set forth below. Foothills is currently closed to the public, but will allow adoptions and fosters by appointment only. These appointments will be held in our spacious outdoor pavilion. All of us here at Foothills are grateful for your ongoing support and cooperation during these difficult times.
Temporary Business Operations until further notice
Facility closed to the public
Approved volunteers only
Veterinary services by appointment only – call (828) 863-4444, Ext. 0
Return to owner by appointment only – call (828) 863-4444, Ext. 0
Adoptions and fosters by appointment only Tuesday through Saturday – call (828) 863-4444, Ext 1, or email email@example.com
- Please submit application online or by phone (828) 863-4444, Ext. 1
- Please preview available animals online
- Please call to discuss which animal(s) you would like to see – (828) 863-4444, Ext 1
For animal turn-ins, please call in advance – (828) 863-4444, Ext 0.
FHS follows proper protocol at our shelter, including:
- Our facilities team uses hospital-grade disinfectant throughout the shelter, and high-touch areas are being cleaned throughout the day.
- There are places to wash your hands and hand sanitizer throughout the shelter. Any visitors to FHS are encouraged to wash their hands or sanitize between touching animals to prevent the spread of any illness.
- FHS is asking employees and volunteers who are sick to stay home.
- We have plans in place to make sure our pets are cared for in the event of an emergency.
- Adoption and foster appointments will be held outdoors.
In preparation for an increase of dogs and cats coming into FHS, coupled with facing the possibility that we may temporarily lose staff and volunteers in the near future due to exposure risk and public closures, we are asking for your support to foster as follows: We need fosters who are willing to care for dogs and cats for a minimum of 30 days. We have dogs that can go home with other dogs, cats, and children.
We need help with funding our operations now more than ever. Please consider making a donation.
Planning for Your Own Pets
We recommend that you make plans that include your pet, which include:
- Making a plan with your family and network that includes contingencies to care for your pet should you be hospitalized or otherwise unable to provide care.
- Having a supply of pet food and necessities.
- Keep pet vaccinations up to date in case you must consider boarding.
We appreciate your support for FHS in times of need.